Hotel Sacher, Vienna
One of the world’s great landmark hotels located in a city of culture and history, you know that you are in for a literal treat upon arrival at the Hotel Sacher Vienna. Centrally located across from the famous Opera house, you’ll be close enough to hear the music play. The only family owned and managed Five Star hotel, they have been welcoming renowned guests including John F. Kennedy, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, and Queen Elizabeth for almost 150 years. Simply enter through their gilded front entrance and into the splendid lobby lounge to join the ranks of esteemed guests and the social elite of Vienna. Anyone who’s anyone has been spotted at their lush restaurants, if they haven’t ordered room service first.
The Sacher has always been focused on a tradition of warm and welcoming service, but recently they have ascended through a series of transformational renovations. Now a perfect blend of old world style and new world glam, this is no longer your grandmother’s luxury hotel.
However, you can experience a piece of history in their world famous Sacher Torte, which has its roots in the year 1832. A perfect chocolate cake to enjoy with coffee and a dollop of whipped creme, and a metaphorical cherry on top of your entire Sacher experience.
Key Selling Points
- Vienna’s only privately owned and family run luxury hotel managed by the renowned Austrian Gürtler and Winkler families
- Opened in 1876 by Eduard Sacher, the son of the creator of the Original Sacher-Torte, the most famous, hand-made cake in the world
- Best location in the city, directly opposite the Vienna State Opera House, Imperial Palace, Albertina Museum
- The top floor suites offer penthouse terraces with unforgettable views of Vienna’s city center
- The rooms and suites provide an authentic sense of place combined with contemporary elements
- The Jewel of the Hotel on the historic floor – seven brand new Suites on the Bel Etage
- One of the largest private art collections in Austria
- The boutique Sacher Spa features luxury chocolate ceremonies, beauty treatments, holistic massages, fitness area, sauna, aroma salt steam room, and herbal baths
We recommend planning your trip during the winter Ball Season. Take waltz lessons and then attend one of the fairytale events! You’ve never seen old world glamor like this!
For unforgettable views of Vienna’s historical sites, request the top floor suites with penthouse terraces.
Don’t leave Vienna without experiencing a piece of Austrian history in their world famous Original Sacher Torte! For over 20 years, my family has enjoyed sharing my birthday torte! In fact, everytime we opened the lovely wooden box, they competed for the coveted chocolate medallion! One year we found a solution when the staff was kind enough to send us torte as well as a small box of medallions. All were happy!
- Four stunning distinct and historic restaurants, from fine international cuisine to traditional viennese fare
- Complimentary access to the business center
- Free wireless LAN and High Speed Internet access
- 24-hour in-room dining and turn-down service
- Petit Sacher Program for children