Built in 1910, at the end of the Belle Epoque, in a parkland of several hectares, the Vidago Palace became right away a favorite destination of the Portuguese elite of the time, having become a symbolic place of a certain lifestyle and European culture. After several months of extensive work, the Vidago Palace opens its doors again with a new face, offering the services of a five-star hotel. Deeply rooted in the collective memory of various generations, a legend was reborn.
Key Selling Points
- Re-opened in 2010 following a major refurbishment which restored the splendor and sophistication of this historical landmark.
- At Vidago Palace, each of the hotel’s 70 rooms and suites are individual with unsurpassed comfort, and a call back to the elegance and sophistication of days gone.
- The Thermal Spa of Vidago Palace Hotel is a haven of wellness, boasting 10 treatment rooms, 5 rooms for thermal treatments, and 2 swimming pools. The Vidago Palace Hotel Spa is set amid 100 hectacres of scented pine and cedar across the whole park. Each of their unique and memorable treatments use therapeutic mineral waters.
- Four restaurants and four bars. Grand Ballroom Restaurant presents traditional dishes of Northern Portugal by acclaimed chef Rui Paula offering a sophisticated sample of the best that the region and Portugal have to offer.
Services & Amenities
- 70 rooms and suites decorated in a neo-classical style
- 27,000 sq.ft. Thermal Spa at Vidago Palace with 20 treatment rooms, Turkish bath, sauna, and state-of-the-art gym
- Indoor and outdoor pool
- Vidago Palace Golf Course was totally reconstructed and transformed into an 18 hole international golf course
- Four restaurants and 4 bars
- 24 hours concierge service
- Children’s Club
- Outstanding meeting space including an auditorium for 264 people
Must See Experiences
Enjoy a boat cruise through the Douro river between the breathtaking landscape of Douro Valley, visiting the world’s first demarcated wine region.
A Day Out in Vidago
Situated in the Shadow of the Padrela hills, in a fertile valley on the banks of the Ribeira de Oura river, Vidago is a small spa town, in days gone by the favored haunt of royality and nobility in Tras-os-Montes. Famed for its miraculous medicinal waters – naturally sparking, with sodium and bicarbonate ions – this spa resort offers rest, recreation, treatment and tourism. Learn more:
Classic Circuit Tours
From Vila Real to Chaves, from Chaves to Braganca, from Braganca to Miranda, we suggest you a complete new world where land cry out for new discoveries.
Throughout the mountains lurk ancient secrets waiting to be discovered. Spaces that stands in history, perfect places for discovering good food.