Hotel Sacher Vienna
Hotel Sacher Vienna is one of the world’s great luxury hotels in one of Europe’s most culturally significant cities: the birthplace of psychoanalysis and a city of musicians, artists, philosophers and architects. Our famous guests have included John F. Kennedy, Indira Gandhi and Queen Elizabeth. We are proud of our history and our location, and true to our traditions. But we also provide the highest standard of comfort, superb service and every modern technology and amenity that our guests from all around the world need. With private terraces over-looking the city, the Sacher Spa and 150 individually designed rooms and suites, the Hotel Sacher Wien features the perfect setting to experience all that Vienna has to offer.
Key Selling Points
- Vienna’s only privately owned and family run luxury hotel Privately owned and managed by the renowned Austrian Gürtler and Winkler families
- Opened in 1876 by Eduard Sacher, the son of the creator of the Original Sacher-Torte, the most famous, hand-made cake in the world
- Best location in the city, directly opposite Vienna State Opera House, Imperial Palace, Albertina Museum
- The top floor suites offer penthouse terraces with unforgettable views of Vienna’s city center
- One of the largest private art collections in Austria
- Pure energy and wellbeing by Sacher Spa: Luxury chocolate ceremonies, beauty treatments, holistic massages, fitness area and unique thermal circuit including historical sauna, aroma salt steam room, herbal bath, vital sensory showers, ice fountain, meditation room, and relaxation area
- “Time to Chocolate by Sacher Spa Treatments”
Services & Amenities
- 150 rooms and suites provide an authentic sense of place and are combined with contemporary elements, including the Jewel of the Hotel on the historic floor – seven brand new Suites on the Bel Etage
- Complimentary access to the business center
- Free wireless LAN and High Speed Internet access
- 24-hour in-room dining and turn-down service
- Bathroom scales, bathrobe, and hair dryer
- 24-hour concierge service
- Petit Sacher Program for children
Must See Experiences
Spanish Riding School
This 440 year old institution is the only one in the world where the classic equestrian skills have been practiced and performed in its original form. The school offers public performances as well as viewing of training sessions of the Lipizzan horses.
Vienna State Opera House
Located directly across from the Hotel Sacher, this world famous mid-19th century opera house offers a different program every day and is perennially sold out.
St. Stephen’s Cathedral
Located in the heart of Vienna, this Romanesque and Gothic style church is one of the most important religious buildings in Austria and ingrained in the history of the country.
What a wonderful hotel in Vienna! Truly remarkable..the combination of antique and 21st century technology is outstanding. The staff, the food, the location are all just perfect. We really enjoyed our first visit to a very special city!Ellen Wyler, Provident Travel
I loved the Hotel Sacher. They gave me a one bedroom suite which was just wonderful. The staff at the hotel are all terrific. The concierge was able to obtain a seat for the concert of the Vienna Symphony. Now I know why this is the best hotel in Vienna. I look forward to sending my clients to this amazing piece of heaven.Maury Newburger, Frosch
- Vienna International Airport – 0:20 from the Hotel Sacher Wien
- Wien Westbahnhof (Vienna West Station) – 0:10 from the Hotel Sacher Wien