Hotel Sacher Vienna
Opened in 1876, the hotel became a popular meeting place for the aristocracy, celebrities and artists instantly. The Hotel Sacher Wien has always been the home of the famous “Original Sacher-Torte” and an epitome of luxury. Still family run, the five star deluxe hotel of the families Guertler and Winkler is shining in new splendor after large scale renovations that have been finished in February 2012. With private terraces over-looking the city, the Sacher Spa and 149 individually designed rooms and suites, the Hotel Sacher Wien features the perfect setting to experience all that Vienna has to offer.
Key Selling Points
- Privately owned and managed by the renowned Austrian Gürtler and Winkler families.
- Opened in 1876 by Eduard Sacher, the son of the creator of the Original Sacher-Torte.
- Best location in Vienna across from the State Opera and next to the pedestrian zone Kaerntnerstrasse.
- The top floor suites offer penthouse terraces with unforgettable views of Vienna’s city center.
- One of the largest private art collections in Austria.
- Home of the Original Sacher-Torte, since 1832, the most famous, hand-made cake in the world.
- Pure energy and wellbeing by Sacher Spa: Luxury chocolate ceremonies, beauty treatments, holistic massages, fitness area and unique thermal circuit including historical sauna, aroma salt steam room, herbal bath, vital sensory showers, ice fountain, meditation room, and relaxation area.
- “Time to Chocolate by Sacher Spa Treatments”.
- Outstanding concierge service, the gentlemen behind the desk regularly accomplish the impossible.
- Close to Albertina Museum, St. Stephan’s Cathedral, Imperial Palace, a fine array of museums, and the Spanish Riding School.
Services & Amenities
- 149 rooms and suites; the penthouse suites on the 7th floor offering fantastic and unique views.
- Complimentary use of Sacher Spa & Fitness area.
- Award winning restaurants – “Rote Bar” and “Anna Sacher”.
- Famous “Café Sacher” and “Blaue Bar”.
- Leading Spa.
- Complimentary access to the business center.
- Flat screen TV with many international channels.
- Free wireless LAN and High Speed Internet access.
- 24-hour in-room dining and turn-down service.
- Personal wake-up call.
- Individually controlled air-conditioning.
- Shoe-shine service.
- Pillow menu.
- In-room safe and mini bar.
- Bathroom scales, bathrobe, and hair dryer.
- 24-hour concierge service.
- Limousine Service Available.
- Petit Sacher Program for children.
- iPod docking stations.
Must See Experiences
Spanish Riding School
This 440 year old institution is the only one in the world where the classic equestrian skills have been practiced and performed in its original form. The school offers public performances as well as viewing of training sessions of the Lipizzan horses.
Vienna State Opera House
Located directly across from the Hotel Sacher, this world famous mid-19th century opera house offers a different program every day and is perennially sold out.
St. Stephen’s Cathedral
Located in the heart of Vienna, this Romanesque and Gothic style church is one of the most important religious buildings in Austria and ingrained in the history of the country.
What a wonderful hotel in Vienna! Truly remarkable..the combination of antique and 21st century technology is outstanding. The staff, the food, the location are all just perfect. We really enjoyed our first visit to a very special city!Ellen Wyler, Provident Travel
I loved the Hotel Sacher. They gave me a one bedroom suite which was just wonderful. The staff at the hotel are all terrific. The concierge was able to obtain a seat for the concert of the Vienna Symphony. Now I know why this is the best hotel in Vienna. I look forward to sending my clients to this amazing piece of heaven.Maury Newburger, Frosch
- Vienna International Airport – 0:20 from the Hotel Sacher Wien
- Wien Westbahnhof (Vienna West Station) – 0:10 from the Hotel Sacher Wien