This year round nature resort is located at the foothills of the Bavarian Alps and on the shores of Lake Tegernsee, merely an hour away from the wonderful cities of Munich and Salzburg. The Seehotel provides the ideal framework for a luxurious getaway that leaves nothing to be desired. You will find the perfect combination of idyllic seclusion in proximity to cities, endearing Bavarian tradition and breathtaking natural scenery with a host of possible sports and leisure activities throughout the entire year.
All of this, in combination with a 5-Star Superior house with distinguished Beauty and SPA, four different restaurants and rooms in Elegant Nature style, which reflects the surroundings, as well as a professional team that provides perfect service and takes care of your individual requests with a smile and utmost dedication.
Key Selling Points
- Perfectly located in the heart of Bavaria between Munich and Salzburg (1 hour to Munich, 75 minutes to Salzburg, 75 minutes to Neuschwanstein)
- Direct train connection Munich-Tegernsee (60 minutes)
- Situated on the banks of Lake Tegernsee. Known for being the authentic Bavaria with traditional culture and lively festivals. Forerunner of the Oktoberfest: Forest festivals and Lake festivals
- Upscale, lively area, known as similar to the “Hamptons” of Germany, it is a year round resort with an assortment of great outdoor activities: swimming, hiking, mountain biking, sailing horseback riding, windsurfing, and exploring the world famous castles.
- Pier in front of the hotel that provides guests with the opportunity to explore the eclectic valley by boat: visiting the different towns including the Tegernsee Beerhall
- Five restaurants including Fährhütte14, just a 20 minute walk from the Hotel. A unique place to discover Tegernsee lifestyle with a restaurant, beach club, and event location.
- Extraordinary on-site Culinary School
- Swarovski Crystal details throughout the rooms and public areas
Services & Amenities
- 123 rooms and 53 suites, completely renovated in Bavaria Elegant Nature Style and each with a balcony or terrace
- 32,320 sq. ft. “Four Elements Spa” by Althoff including the first All Suite Spa in Europe and All Balance Spa with 4 different theme worlds, Relax World with 3 different lounges, Heat World with 7 different saunas and steam bath, Water World with indoor, outdoor, kids, whirlpool, and private lake access.
- Different terraces with Lake View
- Lobby bar with daily live piano music
- 24-hour in-room dining and turn down service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and throughout the hotel
- Digital flat screen TV with numerous international channels
- Limousine service available
- Rental bikes available: Mountain, Cross-country, and E-Bikes
- Sailing Instructors available on Lake
- 24-hour guest relation services
Must See Experiences
Ancient Sights of Tegernsee Valley
Sightseeing in this special corner of Bavaria is far from an arduous task: most of its architectural gems are surrounded by splendid landscape and in the immediate vicinity of shady beer gardens, or a homely country inn. On Mount Wallberg and along the Tegernsee hiking trails, small mountain chapels are often consecrated to Mother Mary. On the lakeshore, you will be able to visit many churches with magnificent interiors. Day-trips to the greater region will bring you stunning medieval castles and remote country churches.
The Bräustüberl Beer Hall
Benedictine Monks were the very first inhabitants of the Tegernsee Valley. More than 1250 years ago they built a cloister on the serene south-eastern lakeshore, which over time was turned into the Bavarian King’s summer residence, and later came to host a brewery, the local high school and the famous Bräustüberl Beer Hall. This bustling beer vault is always alive with chatter and attracts guests from all over Bavaria and the world! Its popularity is based on its spaciousness and comfort for large groups, the impressive medieval architecture and historical murals as well as for its own “Tegernsee Hell” lager beer, which is a piece of heaven.
Next door to the beer hall, you will step into a completely different sphere: the vast stucco and marble floored abbey is a place for quiet contemplation and to admire the craftsmanship of the great baroque master Hans Georg Asam. Catholic mass and many weddings are held here, and if your timing is good, you might even catch a musical performance. Please remember to respect the religious ceremonies you may come across: refrain from flash photography and keep noise down.
I would like to thank you for our wonderful stay at your hotel. You have a beautiful resort that I look forward to sending my clients too!Kathy Phillips, Ginger Peachy Travel
This is an amazing hotel! Thank you so much! Our suite is fantastic and the view from our wrap around balcony even more amazing! I only wish we were staying longer.Eric Reader, Connoisseur Travel
Airport: Munich Airport (1 hour 15 minutes) from the Althoff Seehotel Bavaria
Train: Munich Central Station: Several times a day there are long distance trans from all over Europe arriving at Munich Central Station. (One Hour) from the Althoff Seehotel Bavaria Bayerische Oberlandbahn (BOB) from Munich Central Station going every hour directly to Lake Tegernsee. From Tegernsee Station, take a taxi or the boat to the ALthoff Seehotel Bavaria (10 minutes). Transfers can also be arranged by the hotel.