Experience the Andaman Islands
The Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal are an enchanting destination of sun-kissed sandy beaches, blue lagoons and dazzling coral reefs for a perfect secluded romantic getaway. Beyond the breathtaking sights, Andamans’ history can be dated to over two thousand years ago. Last May, the New York Times featured the anthropologist who had studied the Jarawa tribe, who have since been isolated from present-day civilization.
Andamans’ remote location has also spawned rich endemic biodiversity, with new forest and marine species being discovered every year.
- Discover an underwater paradise scuba-diving or snorkeling
- Explore the open oceans and mangroves by kayak
- Visit the Barren Island – India’s only live volcano
- Walk through the Cellular Jail – a remnant of the days when the island was a penitentiary
- Set off on birdwatching trails to discover the Andamans’ colorful wildlife
- Cast off on a fishing trip
Extend your Southern India journey to the volcanic Andaman islands – where adventure awaits. Explore the coral reefs and turquoise lagoons around the Andaman islands on a scuba dive and discover an underwater tropical creatures.
Barefoot at Havelock – The Serai
Havelock Island’s spectacular white sandy beaches and picturesque sunsets are the perfect backdrop for solitude and quiet. The thatch tents and cottages of Barefoot at Havelock are constructed with local materials making it the only eco-sensitive resort on the Andaman Islands. The resort also offers traditional Ayurvedic massages and yoga classes for a blissful, soulful vacation!