El Silencio Lodge & Spa
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Floating like a cloud in the rainforest canopy near the Poas Volcano, El Silencio Lodge & Spa is one of the most secluded, tranquil and relaxing luxury hotels in the Costa Rican mountains. Our eco-resort was created to be a luxury retreat for travelers who seek out authentic experiences and a deep connection to nature. Simple luxury and exhilarating adventures are the essences of the El Silencio guest experience. A torch-lit forest dinner featuring farm-to-table ingredients from our organic farm and a curated wine list. Scenic hikes in the Hummingbird Garden and cloud forest trails. Zip-lining through the forest canopy or rappelling down the face of a roaring waterfall. Tours of Espíritu Santo Coffee Hacienda or sampling local goods and cuisine at a nearby country market. El Silencio Lodge & Spa is located in picturesque Bajos del Toro on a 500-acre private cloud forest reserve flanked by the Juan Castro Blanco and Poas Volcano National Parks. Just 90 minutes from San José, our eco-resort is a dream destination for Costa Rica mountain honeymoons, family vacations or wellness holidays. El Silencio Lodge & Spa was the first Central American member of Relais & Châtaeux, a curated collection of outstanding small hotels that highlights the planet’s most select and truly unique destinations.
Unique Selling Points of El Silencio Lodge & Spa:
- Luxurious and relaxing lodge in the Costa Rica Cloud Forest
- Recently renovated suites
- Three amazing waterfalls on site
- Located in the picturesque town of Sachi where the colorfully-painted wooden Oxcart are considered a traditional and cultural icon of Costa Rica
- Declared as a UNESCO cultural heritage site
- Genuine Costa Rican experiences available to enjoy the Pura Vida style!
Services & Amenities
- 20 luxury rooms designed to take advantage of breathtaking views of the magical cloud forest
- Only 90 minutes away from Juan Santamaria International Airport.
- A warm and elegant farm to table restaurant offering the best of the traditional Costa Rican fare
- Rejuvenating face and body treatments available at Esencia Spa. The spa features a conical room where the energy from nature provides the ultimate relaxation experience
- Organic garden and chicken farm that provides natural ingredients for the restaurant
- An Eco concierge in charge of our guest’s happiness and always available to schedule daily adventures
- Toro Bohemio Bar will be available to enjoy specialty cocktails and well-known rum and private wine tasting sessions with our dedicated Sommelier
- Exclusive craft beer made with property’s mountain spring water
Must See Experiences
Las Gemelas Waterfall Hike
A challenging and well-worth hiking session to reach a pair of Costa Rica’s most stunning azure waterfalls. The vibrant glowing blue color is caused by reflections of the volcanic mineral content of the water, creating a sight to behold and photograph!
Oxcart Design Session
The traditional decorating of the Costa Rican oxcart, or La Carreta, entails beautiful mandalas of nature-inspired patterns. Learn to create these colorful designs from true local masters, Eco-Concierges Ronald & Kenneth. Embrace your inner artist through the local culture and take home a piece of art to remind you of your special time in Costa Rica.
Pastoral landscapes are best appreciated on horseback. Take a leisurely ride along our trails and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Take your time to relish in the exceptional mist-covered mountain views of the surrounding forest during the journey.
Bring out your inner daredevil! Take your pick of ziplining over the rainforest canopy, rappelling down the face of roaring waterfalls, or both. These thrilling adventures are available right on site and are the perfect fit for adrenaline buffs.
"Everything was 5 star all the way! I have told people the wine tasting was worthy of Prince Harry and Meghan .”Rikki Hepburn, Personal Travel Management
“Wow, that place really set the bar high for the rest of my trip- and to be honest, it was my favorite property of all places that I visit. It may not have the sunshine and the beach that I love, but the service, the attention to detail, the food and the unique land that it's on really impressed me”Kelsey Ebner, Foreign to Domestic
El Silencio Lodge & Spa is located in a beautiful, remote Bajos del Toro valley adjacent to Poas Volcano, ninety minutes from Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) in San José. Access roads wind through picturesque towns and spectacular examples of Costa Rica’s mountain scenery.
- The recommended route is through Zarcero. If you use Google Maps, Waze, or GPS first input the town of “Zarcero”. Once there, make sure to input “El Silencio Lodge & Spa” in Bajos del Toro.